The teacher will conduct student instruction, classroom monitoring, behavior modification, and nurturing of students.
- Must believe in Christian-based philosophy and principles and extend those to students and families. Be able to work within the context of the Lutheran Chruch Missouri Synod beliefs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- The teacher has or will obtain Maryland elementary school teacher certification and maintain certification through required continuing education courses.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner with a diverse population of children, youth and adults.
Possess the ability to establish a rapport with youth, parents and other staff, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other teachers and staff in problem-solving.
- Ability to communicate and work in multiple settings and environments.
- Has a personal belief in God’s ability to change lives.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods, depending on work task.
- Work will be performed in a school environment.
- Willingness to be outside with students during recess/breaks and on field trips
- Need to understand and lead efforts in child and school safety.
- Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow Christian-based philosophy and principles, plan, prepare and teach the prescribed curriculum for the grade he or she is teaching.
- Implement, execute, and measure academic success at the classroom level. Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of processes and procedures related to the school. Follow established teaching protocols and programs to ensure consistency among all schools.
- Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, parents, staff and our community. Oversee classroom discipline and escalate issues to appropriate personnel, as applicable.
- Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, parents, staff and our community.
- High presence and availability to all students, faculty and parents.
- Monitor students during break, lunch and recess.
- Supervise co-curricular activities, as needed.
- Support rotational duties with other teachers such as, leading faculty devotions, science fair, social study fair, field trips, fund raising events, and other community events
- Participate and attend school functions and faculty meetings.
- Provide leadership in ensuring a positive and collaborative culture and climate exists within the school.
- Provide structure, directions, and evaluation of Teacher’s Aid (when applicable).
- Prepare for and attend teacher conferences as scheduled, and as needed for individual students.
- Participate in faculty devotions.
- Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000 – $60,000 per year
Health savings account
Professional development assistance
Vision and Dental insurance
(Required or have the ability to attain one within 2 years)
Stan Stigdon, Principal
St. Paul Lutheran School – Catonsville, Maryland
Accredited National School of Excellence
About St. Paul Lutheran Church and School
St. Paul Lutheran School serves families with children from Infant through 5th grade who want an excellent educational experience in a nurturing environment.
- Christ-centered learning environment
- Nationally Accredited School of Excellence
- Maryland Department of Education Approved Curriculum
- Teachers are Certified and Degreed
- Low student-teacher ratio
- Rigorous curriculum in integrated language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, and religion
- Special Area program instruction in art, library, music, physical education, and STEM
- Students perform well in national educational standards testing and are well-prepared for middle school
- Daily Bible study and weekly chapel services
- Three children’s choirs
- Field trips to enhance classroom instruction
- After school enrichment program